Integrate Electric Vehicles Charging points based on OCPP 1.6 with any Modbus RTU or TCP controller or connect the chargers to an external OCPP Central System (CS) and monitor them via Modbus. This gateway offers 2 type of OCPP functionalities configurable in MAPS tool:
– BMS Central System: The gateway makes accessible advanced operations of the Charging points from a Modbus PLC, making the BMS the Central System of the EV charging operation.
– External OCPP central system: The gateway acts as a bridge between an external OCPP CS and the OCPP chargers, allowing to monitor metering and status information of the connected chargers.
- Support for OCPP 1.6 JSON
- Support for Modbus RTU and TCP
- Flexible Modbus configuration (Baudrate, Data type)
- OCPP Scan to search Chargers in the network
- Fix Modbus register map
- OCPP operations supported in BMS CS mode:
- -Authorize, RemoteStart/Stop Transaction, Start/StopTransaction, Local list management, HeartBeat, MeterValues, Reservation and Smart Charging Operations
- OCPP readings supported in External CS mode:
- – Charger info, availability and MeterValues
- Reduced dimensions, compact housing
- UL certified
This bidirectional gateway provides a straightforward and fast integration thanks to its unique onboard features.
Thanks to its support for the OCPP 1.6 standard and its basic operations, it guarantees a seamless integration with any standard Modbus PLC or controller to work as a stand-alone Central System or connected to an External OCPP Central system.
The configuration is carried out using the Intesis MAPS software. Which allows you to define your own settings for the device. Also, it will be able to download all the available project templates or to import any created/exported project template on your computer.
Introducing our OCPP to Modbus gateway at the ABB e-mobility solution center
There are no reviews yet.